November 2021 marks the second anniversary of the Florida Rum Society. What started as a crazy idea between a few rum loving friends has blossomed into an active and engaged group of more than 1,200 rum lovers in Florida and around the world. Covid was certainly an unanticipated interruption, but I’ve been amazed and encouraged by how FRS members rallied together and helped keep one another sane and entertained throughout. Thankfully we’ve been able to slowly resume having live events, and our Virtual Happy Hours, which weren’t even part of the original plan, have become an important part of the FRS experience. In our third year, as our evolution continues, members will see many more great opportunities to connect and be involved with each other and to learn about and taste the best rums available anywhere on the planet. More events, more tastings, more exclusive barrel picks, more friends and more rum! What more could we ask for?
As has always been the plan, FRS membership will continue to be free. This is a labor of love and a way to increase all of our engagement, involvement and impact in the rum world. Additionally, as interest, demand, and membership has increased, it’s become clear that some members want greater and earlier access to unique opportunities that only FRS provides. A lot of thought has been given to how to make this happen, and we’ve decided to launch the new Florida Rum Society Ambassador’s program. The basic idea is that FRS Ambassadors will get early access to live and virtual event registration (including those with samples) as well as first dibs on limited rum releases in the FRS Rum Shop. This is something that’s been requested many times, and we believe we’ve figured out a reasonable way to launch this new program. This is ideal for active members who value what FRS offers and want to make sure they don’t miss out on those limited, special opportunities. Not to mention, FRS Ambassadors will be supporting the entire society in our ongoing endeavor to bring the greatest rums and rum education to Florida!
These limited, year long memberships come with the following perks…
- GOLDEN FRS challenge coin – Lifetime use. Carry this with you where ever you go! Show FRS partner watering holes for special perks (Locations include Tropics, the Honu, Iron Oak Outpost, Dive Cocktail Den… more coming soon!)
- Early Access to FRS Exclusive and Limited releases in the FRS Online Rum Shop*
- Early Bird Registration for Limited Capacity FRS Events including VHH samples and in-person events*
- Opportunity to be invited to future FRS Barrel Selections
- Name included on special webpage on floridarumsociety.com
- Option to add favorite rum cocktail recipe to FRS Ambassador Webpage and add to a rum listed in FRS Shop as a recipe card
- 10% off ticketed FRS Events
- 10% off FRS Merchandise in the Etsy Swag Shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/FloridaRumSociety)
- Additional perks announced throughout the year
- Valid for any remaining 2021 events/releases**
Limited to 30 Members – 2022 Membership Fee of $150
*Allows early access to FRS Limited rums and Events however does not guarantee availability or entry; shipping of samples MAY not be available to addresses outside of Florida; please visit the FRS Rum Shop for info on states we ship rum orders to
**Must have completed purchase prior to event or limited release rums being announced